Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Base Camp!

Usually opening my winter issues of Travel and Leisure Magazine is somewhat painful.  Splashy spreads featuring the latest Tahitian boutique hotels seem to throw in my face that I'm living in a totally dreary New England, grey landscape.  But a tiny feature mentioning Base Camp Hotel in Lake Tahoe caught my eye, and felt palpable and interesting given our family's interest in skiing and, dare I say, the outdoors.

What could otherwise be a boxy, 1950s hotel on the outside, is nothing but...


Everything from the reclaimed wood, to the camping lanterns, to the gentle touches of green succulents screams cozy, masculine camp lodge, with a modern edge.  Love it.


The vase of colorful arrows is the perfect addition in terms of color and scale.  Might be dangerous after a couple of beers, though.


My favorite room, "The Great Indoors"...



But I'm guessing this would be my kids favorite room...  They'd appreciate the XBox, while I'd appreciate the Cole and Sons wallpaper we previously blogged about here.


The rooms, sticking to a tight color scheme of neutrals paired with orange and neonish green, maximize sleeping potential for the whole family.



To check out the rest of the hotel, visit here.
Happy Travels, Deb

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment